Move In / Move Out Procedures
- View the apartment either online or with our property manager.
- Fill out and sign application.
- Pay the credit check fee. (We will do a credit check and approve or decline your application based on it.)
- Your deposit will be determined based on your credit report. At this time we will give you a cost sheet that informs you of the apartment address and your deposits, fees, and rents. It will also inform you of the electric and water companies information. You will need to put the utilities in your name and bring proof of such to the lease signing appointment. (Note we do not allow any company to install a satellite dish, but all of the apartments are cable ready. Let us know if you will be using CDE for your TV service so we can fax an authorization letter to them.)
- Upon paying all deposits and or rents, you will sign your lease and receive your key.
- When you move in you are required to adhere to all rules and property safety notes given to you when you signed your lease. That means, no appliances left on decks or in breezeways. No parking on the grass with any size vehicle. And if you have pets, do not tie them up outside.
- File a change of address with the post office so that you will receive mail from us at the apartment.
- Provide a written 30 day notice prior to the expiring date on your lease. (If you are military we will need a copy of any orders to leave)
- Closer to the move date, call and schedule a walk through with the property manager. (all of your things must be out of the apartment at this time. The power and water must be on at this time as well.)
- Cleaning: Empty and wipe down all cabinets and open the doors. Empty the refrigerator and wipe it out. Clean the oven, stove, and sink. Wipe down all counters and clean the kitchen and bathroom floors. Wipe down all window sills and vacuum all carpets and wipe down all baseboards. All carpets are to be steam cleaned. The apartment should be move in ready. As it was when you moved in.
- When you move out you are required to adhere to all rules and property safety notes given to you when you signed your lease. That means, no appliances left on decks or in breezeways. No parking on the grass with any size vehicle. And if you have pets, do not tie them up outside.
- At the walk through, you will need to provide a forwarding address and sign the walk through paperwork. We will estimate any fees for repairs on this paperwork.
- We will return your deposit balance within 30 days.