Please check out these maintenance tips and troubleshooting below. If these solutions do not assist you, please submit a Maintenance Request online. If this is an emergency problem that would result in damage to property or cause harm to you, please call 931-449-0349 (Office 931-542-1412).
Toilets – Not flushing/clogged
- Plunge the toilet before calling or submitting a work order.
- Use a plunger with a black head–not red.
Washers – Leaking
- Reduce load size. (No bulky items should be loaded in the washer, ie: pillows, blankets, comforters, TA-50 gear, etc.
- Make sure water is on!
Dryers – Not Drying
- Pull the dryer away from the wall & make sure dryer vent is not blocked.
- Check the lint trap. Always clean before using dryer.
Refrigerator – Not Cooling
- CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP!
- Check ice maker line, turn off water behind the refrigerator. Call maintenance.
Dish Washers – No water to dishwasher
- Turn water on under sink.
Dish Washers – Leaking
- Check soap type. Never use liquid dish detergent, only automatic dishwasher detergent.
Heating/Cooling – No Heat/AC
- Check to make sure breaker switched on & thermostat is switched to “ON”.
Heat/AC too hot or cold
- Check thermostat and compare to actual reading.
- ex: Setting is 72, but reading is 70 – Normal.
- ex: Setting is 75, but reading 40 – Not normal (also depends on outside temp.)
Water Heater – Leaking
- CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP! Turn off water heater at the source until maintenance arrives. (Main water source is a red or blue handle near water heater)
No Hot Water
- Trip breaker to water heater & reset. Wait about 1 hour to see if hot water is working.
Water Leaks – Symptoms
- For lower units with water leaks coming thru the bathroom ceiling – CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP!
- For lower units with water leaks coming thru the kitchen ceiling CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP!
- For all other leaks CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP! For leaks under sinks, trap water with a bucket or pan until maintenance arrives.
Stoves – Not Working Symptoms
- If elements are not working but lights are, check to be sure stove is plugged in properly.
Lights – Light bulbs blowing out
- Make sure new bulbs are used. Do not switch or replace bulbs with old (used) bulbs.
- Hit “reset” button on GFI plug in kitchen, living room, or outside plug.
Smoke Alarms – Symptoms
- If beeping is constant, change battery or submit work order.
- If alarm goes off during the winter, this is usually caused by the heater burning dust off the element. Allow alarm to run & fan fumes away.
- DO NOT remove the battery or disarm the smoke alarm in any way!